Order Processing Time
We aim to process orders within 1 business day of payment completion. While we can’t guarantee this goal will be met, the vast majority of order are processed well on time. Please refer to our Dispatch Schedule for more information.
The team here at Otakumart are always doing their best to get your orders to you as soon as possible but we do not have any control over courier and postal services, delivery times are not guaranteed however most services have delivery targets which are listed below. We dispatch 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, with some Saturdays.
- Boxes: We use several different sized cartons for parcel orders, and occasionally other recycled boxes. Our cartons are made from recycled cardboard and we encourage our customers to recycle them too.
- Satchels: We use r3pack’s compostable courier satchels. Please remove all courier ticket labels and the non toxic adhesive glue strip prior to composting. Learn more about them here.
- Void fill: Several different types of void fill such as paper, air cushions, and cardboard. All of these are recyclable.
- Wrap: Bubble wrap will sometimes be used to protect products, especially delicate items like figures or products shipped in satchels. We can also shrink wrap parcels if you wish for them to be left in the weather, please let us know in the order notes section at checkout if you’d like us to do this.
- Labeling: Thermal print labels are used for courier labels and we also use fragile labels and other various labels for delivery personnel. These labels need to be removed before recycling other packaging. They are water resistant but should be kept dry.
- Trading Card Singles: Card packaging varies depending on quantity and price. We may use toploaders and sleeves but will always at least use a sealed packet and cardboard to protect orders.
- Occasionally we may upgrade your shipping method at our cost (there will be no extra charges) due to size, weight or fragility of the product. If you do not want us to do this, please let us know via the order notes section during checkout.
- Our parcel and satchel orders require signature by default. If you would like your parcel to be left, please provide instructions via the order notes section during checkout (NZ only).
- We do not charge extra for rural delivery.
- For international delivery, all tax and customs expenses are the responsibility of and at the expense of the receiver.
- Delivery targets are only estimates and actual delivery dates may vary.
New Zealand Wide
- Free Shipping: Orders over $150.00 qualify for free shipping within NZ. The method used will be either our parcel or satchel option and all of their benefits are included as per below.
- Parcels ($4.99): Parcel orders are shipped with Courierpost/NZpost and include tracking, signature, delivery instructions, and insurance. Orders shipped via this method will be packed into boxes, items may be wrapped in paper or bubble wrap and void fill will be used to ensure items don’t move around while in transit. This is the safest shipping method available. Delivery target for parcel orders is 1-3 working days after dispatch.
- Satchels ($1.99-$3.99): Satchel orders are shipped with Courierpost/NZpost and include tracking, signature, delivery instructions, and insurance. R3pack compostable satchels are used for this option and there are 2 sizes available currently. Bubble/paper wrap will be used to protect products where applicable as well as cardboard for more fragile items. Satchels offer a lot less protection compared to our parcel option. Delivery target is 1-3 working days after dispatch for satchel orders.
- Envelopes ($1.49): This method is intended for use on low value trading card orders. Envelope orders ship via NZpost but there is no insurance, tracking, signature, or delivery instructions included with this service. This method is to be used at buyers risk as Otakumart and NZpost will be unable to provide a refund or assist should orders go missing. Delivery target: 1-5 days after dispatch.
- Pickup: Currently available.
- Courier: The most expensive but safest and quickest option currently available. This service has limited tracking and contents are insured up to $2000 NZD. This option is available on orders up to 30kgs. Delivery target: 2-6 working days.
- Parcel: An economical option however it is not recommended for high value orders as there is no tracking or insurance with this service. This option is to be used at buyers risk and in the unlikely event a parcel goes missing or is damaged, we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide a remedy. Delivery target: 3-10 working days.
- Envelope: This method has size constraints but is a very cheap option. This method is intended for trading card singles orders. Please note: Like our parcel option to Australia, this method does not come with any insurance or tracking and is to be used at the buyers risk. Delivery target: 3-10 working days.
All other countries
Currently we do not have any shipping options for countries outside of New Zealand and Australia available at our checkout however if you would like a shipping quote please contact us via the options at the bottom of the page and we will get back to you with one as soon as possible.
Tracking Events (Within New Zealand)
Due to some confusion around Courierpost’s/NZpost’s tracking system, we have come up with a brief description of what some of the events mean:
- Tracking number allocated to parcel: This events means that your shipment has been booked in and is awaiting courier pickup. You should receive an email from our system with your tracking number as well as an updated order status around the same time this event occurs.
- Collected from sender: Your parcel has been picked up and is with our local courier.
- Item on way to collection point: This event is a confusing one as it is used for two different scenarios in Courierpost’s/NZpost’s tracking system. If this tracking event occurs at approximately the same time as the “Collected from sender” event or several hours later, please disregard any emails/text messages you might receive. In this instance this event means that your parcel is waiting at the local depot for pickup and transport to the regional sorting center. If this event occurs after “Processing at depot” or “Delivery attempted”, this means you may have received a “card to call” in your mailbox, please follow the instructions this card provides.
- Processing at depot: Your shipment is currently being sorted in a regional sorting center.
- With courier for delivery: Your item is with your local courier and should be delivered soon.
If you are after any further information, please feel free to contact us via the options at the bottom of the page or check out the NZpost site.
When will my order ship?
We aim (But can’t guarantee) to process orders within 1 business day.
How can I track my order?
When will my order arrive?
In normal circumstances most orders within NZ should arrive in 1-5 working days after dispatch depending on the method used. Orders shipped to Australia should arrive within 2-10 working days after dispatch.
Can you ship to my country?
Can you guarantee delivery by a certain date?
Unfortunately Otakumart cannot guarantee delivery by/on a certain date.
(For International Customers) Will I have to pay for customs fee or import tax?
International shipments may incur customs or duty fees. Please check with your local customs authority. Charges, duties or taxes incurred are the responsibility of the receiver.
I placed two or more orders and want to combine them.
If you have placed two or more orders and their addresses are the same we will try to combine them and refund the excess shipping fees. If you wish for the orders to be shipped separately please request separate shipment in the order notes section at checkout. It is best practice to let us know if you would like to do this as we process many orders everyday and might not notice multiple orders.
Can I pickup my order?
Otakumart does not currently facilitate pickups.
Please note: The below times are estimates only and while we do our best to ensure the fastest order processing and shipping possible, we cannot guarantee these estimates.
We are unable to dispatch on Sundays, Public holidays, and some Saturdays. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
|Dispatch/pickup Time (approx)||8:30am||11.30am||11:30am||11.30am||11.30am||N/A||N/A|
|Next business day shipping cutoff||10:00pm||10:00pm||9:00pm||9:00pm||N/A||N/A||9:30pm|
|Same day shipping cutoff||6.30am||9:30am||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|